Sunday, December 6, 2009

End of week Five

This past week (the one with little blogging and NO running) was week 5 of making the weight workouts a higher priority. This was the first week where I didn't get in all five workouts - I missed Friday. This was also the first week where I didn't get in a single run!

[Photos: our first snow, One of the big rocks finally finished - no more falling down fence, a large spider my son found IN the house this last week.]

This was one of those periods where life was not able to accommodate my desired workouts - and so they were were shuffled when possible and lost for the rest. At this point - writing my Blog when I probably should be in bed, my thoughts are hoping for a week of 5 and 5: five periods of strength training and five runs of 30 miles. Unfortunately I'm sitting here eating Hot Tamales (the candy) and have had WAY to much ... another clear indicator of not getting enough exercise.

I still need to set a goal that is concrete. At this point I just have training goals: 10 / week. I also need a point in the not to distant future where I can accomplish something with the training to give it value. Over all I know I need to continue to get fitter, but I need some milestones.

That's all for now. Any suggestions for some goals or milestones? Thoughts or questions?

2 comments:

  1. You can see God's creativity in the design of spiders, but I sure don't like them any better!

    Can you do "A Game" plan and a "B Game" plan in that you set your ideal goal "A Game" for the week(s) and if that doesn't happen, the "B Game" will still give you some thoughts of accomplishment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of do that right now: the 5 weights is the desired minimum goal and at least a few runs - 5 runs is the 'A goal' and '5 weights' is the 'B Goal'. So, I'm kind of working that way right now. But, it's helpful to have an actual event out there; a date when I will suffer loss if I haven't paid up to that point. That helps me stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .