Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Closer you get...

[Photos: this mornings post workout drink: soy milk, whey powder, carob powder, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne pepper and olive oil; before being stirred and after.]

This must be my fourth or more attempt at starting this blog .. it's like trying to write with a 2x4 dipped in ink, rather than a quill: there's just to much and it all comes gushing out. Much like trying to drink from a fire hose. So, I'll try to reduce the volume, take a deep breath and start again...

Nutrition:
Other than over-eating I'm doing good. But then that's a lot like saying, "Other than not having any self control over the quantity and frequency of my eating - I'm doing Great!" What a contradiction. Rather than feeling good about the types of foods I'm eating and ignoring the amounts and reasons for such eating, I should (and am) continuing to be amazed at the struggles that food can have over this life. But then, the original sin involved Food - that doesn't surprise me much! And this is all coming after a 4 day juice fast.

Exercise:
This is down from previous routines. Mostly due to getting busy with other "Big Rocks". My wife and I got a run/ride in yesterday, but missed Monday and didn't get the core workout either. But we were happy for the run at least. It was hot, windy and dry. Our run together was slower than normal and my run I had a hard time keeping under 8 min/mi pace (my GPS kept playing the slow pace alert - meaning I was going to slow).

Strength:
Still struggling a little here, but today was a little better as it was my Heavy Bench routine. I'm not gaining any reps, but I am still maintaining. The last three work sets are 225 and I'm still getting 3 reps each with 90 seconds rest. I also do a couple sets of close grip decline at a lower weight; and some incline dumb bell sets too; and dips and tri-bar sets too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .