Sunday, July 31, 2011

Intervals Again

Not much time today, so I did what I've been wanting to do for a while now .. throw in session of intervals on my road bike. Out on the dam it's 4 miles with out vehicles - just other cyclists, walkers, runner, skaters and etc.

So today it was 7 intervals across and 8 on the way back. The routine for today was 30 seconds hard and 60 seconds recovery. My Garmin works good for that and it was the interval session I used last so I just push the button to start and it keeps track of everything including a 5 second beeping as each state changes from one to the next. So it was out of the saddle at the start and then at the end of the 30 for a couple seconds too. After 15 of them .. it was very nice to be done. I then had a few miles to ride home.

Most people who 'train' know and appreciate the value of intervals - just not the difficulty or the pain of those workouts. Today was a workout that it was especially nice to 'have finished.'

Before the intervals I was able to bike with my wife - that was good. Not hard for me, but that's not it's purpose - the purpose right now is to be an encouragement and help. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .