Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday...in coffee Mecca

Before giving the exercise and health info for today, I want to touch on why I’m doing this blog. I am enjoying the process of thinking through my days and articulating some of the content for publishing here. And I enjoy taking pictures daily as I’ve long enjoyed photography. But really, it’s my hope that this blog will grow to not just be what I’m doing and my thoughts, but that you will share your experiences and thoughts through the comments for all of us see.

This is much like a ‘newspaper’ right now: where I put out my thoughts and readers read it. I think it would be neat if when you have a similar experience or something to share that you feel free to put it in a comment for the rest of us to read. In an effort to help that I’ve removed the comment moderation that was in place before a comment would be published. Now, if you want to comment and do so, you will see it post as soon as you push the publish button (and enter that text string). So, please feel free to add your thoughts to this blog. :-)

Today started at ~6:30 AM local time: last night ended with a walk in the cool of the night looking for a place to get something to eat. The meal was not too bad: a turkey sandwich and a basic side salad, but it was after 10 PM local time and it was almost midnight when I turned off the light.

The formal exercise today was first thing in the morning. I was able to run on a treadmill: 4 miles, no HR info, but I did manage two sprints at 12 mph for roughly a quarter mile each. The rest was some walking and the majority at a more reasonable pace for me. I was also able to do just a few exercises with some dumbbells. Dumbbells are nice as they require a little more muscle involvement to help with balance and movements. Then this evening after dinner I walked around exploring the area and looking for a grocery store, but didn’t find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .