Saturday, May 23, 2009

X-Ray: 3 screws into the Femur

Many of you have asked how Jon is doing, so I asked him for a note to pass on and he sent the following:

"In an instant the plan to finish in Orlando, FL was changed to Nassau, FL when I fell from my bike and broke my left femur bone.  Through much prayer, God brought me through the surgery, with very little pain and was released from Baptist Medical Center on May 15th (33 hours after surgery!).
   
I saw an orthopedic doctor in Charlotte, NC.  He said the surgeon who did my surgery did excellent work.  He stated that within 2 months I'll be able to start putting real pressure on my leg.  Even now 15-20 pounds is okay (better then the original diagnosis of no pressure for 4-6 months!).  I'll have a followup appointment every month for X-Rays to make sure things are healing properly.  I will begin physical therapy after two months. 
  
Please continue to pray for me in the recovery process.  My stomach has not felt normal for a few days.  Pray for my wife that God will strengthen her for the extra load she handles taking care of me and our two children (Austin 10, Abbi 7).  May God bless each of you for your kindness in praying for me and my family."

1 comment:

  1. How did you get the X-ray? I thought X-rays were done by computers now?

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .