Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sat: saying good bye


[To late for photo comments. If you have a question - ask. :-) ]




















Today was the day that all the rider but me left FL that don't live here (Doug being the only one). A van took the Northern riders this morning early and my Dallas colleague left shortly after by 8 AM. Saying good bye after being together for a week - through all that we shared and experienced together, was a little sobering. I know the next time we spend time together we'll be able to pick up where we left off, but I don't know when that will be...maybe a future ride.


I wasn't sure what the events of the weekend were going to be when I purchased my tickets, so I left enough room to handle some activities. As it turned out - there were no other plans, so I took the day by myself and drove to the Kennedy Space Center and spent the day there. Then went to the Cocoa Pier and hung around their for a few hours in the evening.


The space center was something: the bus tour, Saturn V, a space shuttle on the lunch pad, IMAX movie, shuttle launch ride, ... a full days worth of things to see. (As I'm loading my camera, I see that I took 281 photos today. Now to pick out just a couple and still get to bed soon.)


The beach was nice too. I ate some fish and chips - something that my wife and I used to do in the early days of our married life at Bob's in Moro Bay, CA. The food tonight wasn't as good as Bob's - but it was nice to stir the memories. I also watched the surfers and had memories stirred; and watched the fishermen. It was a very nice time, even though I would have liked to have my wife with me.



Tonight I'm at Doug's home. I got here a little after 8 PM and it's been nice visiting. On the 10 day trip I was able to stay with my friend in Waxhaw TH night and now here tonight. So, I have these home stays as bookends of the trip.


No exercise today other than being up on my feet and walking around the space center all day (minus the time on the bus tour).


Nutrition was so-so. I've not been eating enough vegetables and fruit, so I'm looking forward to getting home and getting back to a more normal eating routine for me. I will likely hit the VitaMix and Omega 2000 pretty good the first week or so to shake things up in my body and see what shakes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .