Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chores for exercise

In looking at others photos, (this one from Jon), I noticed that we were often laughing and having a Fun time! :-) [The photo is of Doug and myself. Not sure of where it was taken.]

It was a neat trip - hard to believe it is over already..

Today was a much needed day of chores around the home. It was one of those days where one chore lead into another and another and a few hours later I had 6 projects going with little hope of finishing any of them. But some progress was made in the garage and with the bushes and weeds and a few other little projects too. 

My bike came yesterday and I was able to put it back together and give it a good cleaning in the process (as cleaning is a good way to touch every part to make sure it's all safe and working well). I was hoping to ride today - but the day was full. It's been 9 days with out a ride..I'm looking forward to a ride soon.

Today's exercise was spent cleaning, cutting and trimming. And there was the 1/2 hour or so when Jacob came out and suggested I take a break and we ride our motorcycles - so I did. That was nice ...! It was nice to remember why I have a YZ250 --- because they are Crazy Fast!! We had fun digging up the grass out by the back fence and playing follow the leader around the many obstacles in the yard. If we had more than 1/2 acre I'd like to keep it, but I'm leaning towards selling it as I don't ride it enough. It's to nice of a bike to have sitting -- someone should be enjoying it! Today I did.

Nutrition has been OK, but Saturday is typically a more difficult day for me as I have more time around the home and there is always something here to be found and eaten.

Training: my plan for the next two weeks is to go back to a HR based training routine - independent of the form of exercise. I have gotten used to and comfortable with a lower HR when I'm exercising and I'd like to bump that up slowly over the next months and see how that goes. It will require a little more intensity, but that will be a good curve ball for my body as I have gotten comfortable with just adding more time and distance rather than shorter harder work outs.  Until next time ... be strong and courageous!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got your bike back in one piece. I imagine it's like a "Second child" to you ! Nice to see I'm not the only some who spends their "days off" working, chorus and such!

    p.s. how much for your 250?

    - DoubleA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure yet - I haven't seen what they are going for. Mine was in execellent condition to begin with and is still in very good condition, so it should be close to what I paid for it. Not ready to put a number on it yet though.

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .