Thursday, March 26, 2009

Saddle testing...

Last night ended with 1:45 of time on the saddle to test it; and this morning started with 1:55 more on the saddle. 

The day today started at the normal time (4:41 AM) with the hopes of getting in 2 hrs on the bike and "tester" saddle. It takes a couple minutes to get dressed, make water bottles, put on the HRM, bike shoes and adjust the bike; so I was just a little short on the goal this morning. I rode for 1:30 at just a moderate steady pace watching a couple more episodes of SG Atlantis. 

The last 25 minutes was spent on more intense exercise: 10 reps of 1 minute hard with 1 minute of recovery. Then it was 3 more intervals in a much bigger gear for as long as I could ~ 30 seconds with a 1 minute recovery. And lastly it was a couple minutes in the biggest gear pedaling out of the saddle. It was a nice end to the time.

So I got 3:40 on the saddle since 8 PM last night and have come to the conclusion that I need to keep looking. The last 4 days of time on the trainer puts my time for this week at 6:55. Not being able to ride for the next few days is going to be weird, I will try running and swimming instead and not sure what else.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan, this is Mauricio Diaz from Mexico, maybe you dont remember me. You and your beautiful children gave us a keyboard for the Tlapaneco Bible School in last September. Today, Wes Flach gave me your blogspot and I was reading it... it`s awesome what you are doing, you can do it. Take care of you and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mauricio, thanks for the encouragement! I need to work more on remembering people and names: my first thought would be to say I'm name challenged, but...really I'm probably just more Lazy. :-( But, I know it and am wanting to work on it and improve in that area becuase I think relationships are what make life Great: first with God and then with others. May God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .