Saturday, March 7, 2009

Four For Fun a First

It's late, so it's going to be a short post tonight...especially since we loose an hour tonight.

(The first photo is of 4 different shoes [Left to Right]: road bike shoe, mountain bike (MTB) shoe, running shoe amd a softball cleat - all of which were used today. The second photo shows the dolls that visited today during my daughters "doll" party.)

Today was a neat day. It started with a ride and run with C in preparation for the Tri next Sat. It's the one that I was going to do also, but will instead go with my son (who's Birthday is that day) and I'll encourage and be the group photographer and videographer. It should be fun. But back to today: we started a little after 7 and rode for ~12 miles doing a mixture of riding: temp, sprints, recovery, etc. I was on my MTB. We then switched to running and ran ~2.5 miles. It was good preparation as C hadn't yet gone for a run right after biking. After that we each had one of my famous "Recovery Smoothies" [apple, orange, banana, almond, spinach, protein powder, carrots, soy milk, carob, blue berries, filtered water and ice]. 

Then it was off to softball practice - a little late. The doll party was in the middle of the day. Then around 8 PM I was able to ride my road bike on the new trainer for ~100 minutes averaging 18.5 mph. It works as it's supposed to...very nice. I'm glad to have a working trainer again. Those are the highlights of my exercise time today. 

As most people who know me know-I try to eat healthy in addition to having regular intense exercise. One of the ways I do that is by juicing. Last year I had some consistent juicing habits that were practiced monthly and others quarterly. This year I've been a bit lax with the juicer and I'm not sure why. But, I'm planing on starting a Juice fast tomorrow. I'm not sure if that would be of interest to others or not so I'm not sure how much I'll post here. In the past I have had times of a break from the exercise and other times I continued. My plan is to continue this time too. I bought some fresh vegetables (sweet potatoes, beats, kale, ginger, broccoli ...) and fruit (grapefruit, lemon, apple, ...) today in preparation. I used to use cabbage, but am seeing if the blood type info fits for me.  It's late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .