Monday, March 16, 2009

A Gorgeous Day

I had a different routine today: slept in until almost 7 then did the weights. Then to work with time on the trainer during lunch. It was a nice change of routine, but I'm planning on a longer ride in the morning tomorrow (on the trainer of course).

The time with the weights went with out any major events. I see it as part of keeping an overall balance and trying to keep some upper body strength. At times I've enjoyed it in the past, but lately it's just been maintenance work: due to the amount of time I'm spending and the types of exercises I'm doing. Not enough time or weight to really improve in strength. I've never tried to have a maintenance program with weights before, so this is new. But, with the ride out there, I'm more interested in the bike training getting the lion's share of the time.

The lunch bike ride on the trainer was productive and nice. This afternoon it was gorgeous out side: nice sun, little wind, super after much grey and wet. So I rode where I could see outside and had some fresh air...very nice. I rode for 68 minutes (would have like to ride longer but it was a long lunch break already). I did 10 intervals after warming up and doing a tempo ride for 10 minutes. The intervals were in different gears so my cadence was a little varied depending on the gear: avg cadence 87, max 127 (for the whole ride).  The max HR was 173. Towards the end of the ride I was able to maintain a pace with my HR in the 150's - that was nice to see. 

The pictures for today are of the HR and O2 from last night, and a shot of my arm while exercising on the bike. The arm shot is interesting to me as it shows all the water drops coming out of my pores. That arm had been wiped several times, as did my other arm, face and head. It's my opinion that my body is efficient at sweating; the purpose of which is to regulate body temperature, remove waste and cleanse the skin. So when I see my sweaty arm, I think how cool it is that things are working well! If I had stinky sweat I might have other thoughts, but with regular fasting, removing many unhealthy foods from my diet and regular exercise, my sweat doesn't smell bad; as long as you don't mind a little garlic...  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .