Friday, March 6, 2009

Early Friday...

Previously, Friday mornings would have been time on the treadmill and then in the pool, but with the TRI being sold out, I've been reclaiming that training time. 

This morning started a little early, even for me. I tried getting more sleep, but eventually got out of bed 26 minutes before my alarm was to go off. With the extra time, I took my camera and tripod with me for my time on the trainer. My right cleat needed to be moved toward my heal and a little inward-something I've been wanting to fix for weeks. So I did this and that feels better. I set the camera up so I could take some video of my legs while pedaling - to see what the angle of my knee is. It has been a while sense I've looked all this up, but I remember 30 degrees of bend at the bottom of my stroke. So I capture some video and review it; change the camera placement and repeat. Eventually I have a frame that I can use. I then cut a paper triangle with a 30 degree angle. Using that paper triangle laid over the back of my camera I can see that my leg is indeed bottoming out at 30 degrees. This tells me that my seat is at the correct height. I have already confirmed that my knees are in the correct position in relation to the pedals. So, I now have the assurance that my saddle placement should be very close to "correct" according to the common settings.

With the position confirmed, I then rode for 30 minutes. Not to hard as it's very easy to get the resistance unit on the trainer to demand serious watts for any rotation-which quickly drains me. And with the new unit supposed to arrive today, I'm just not that motivated to have a hard workout on this trainer. After the ride I decided to do some leg weights. I haven't done those for several weeks and can tell it by the numbers from the last time and today: fewer reps today. That's good enough for this morning. If the new trainer unit comes today, I'll probably ride again this evening for a little bit. I'm really looking forward to having the trainer working again as it should be.

After playing with my camera taking some time-lapsed photos on the way in, I fix omelet's for two family members and myself.  Yummy!! (2 eggs, sharp cheddar, motzerlla, onion, red bell pepper, good (no nitrites or nitrates) turkey lunch meat, spinach, salt, cyan and black pepper).

Tomorrow morning C. and I are going to do a bike ride and run together. This is the last Sat before the TRI, so it will be a good run through for him, and it will be fun to do it together. Our last training together was with the weights...it was good. Them at 9 we'll both head off to softball practice together. It should be a fun morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .