Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Encouragement

It was a little late last night, but I still wanted to get up this morning and ride for a bit before going to breakfast - so it was the normal wake up time (alarm set at 4:41 AM). I rode for 65 minutes on a trainer that is oscillating from light to very hard resistance. Not the best for a good work out, but I think it still has value - certainly better than not riding at all. When it was light I would work higher cadences and when it got tough is would work on circles and consistent power / pressure. I am finding that I am continuing to enjoy riding: it's Fun.

[The sunrise was spectacular again this morning as we left for our "Cracker-Barrel" date.] We had a great time playing, talking and eating. Even leaving the house at 6:30 we still were a little short on time to do everything - so we missed our annual checker game this morning, but maybe we'll get it in tonight.

The thought for today, or the seed that was planted while riding my bike: "Your life is difficult so that the power of God may be revealed through it."

Wow...like the man born blind. That helps me and reminds me not to take the difficulties so personally, but as a part of Gods plan for my life; not in isolation, but being with God; in other words, my life and all the challenges that are a part of it, are part of His plan. Cool! Very Cool! That is a boost of encouragement to persevere that I can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .