Thursday, March 19, 2009

Two days gone...blink

Wow...has it really been since Tuesday with out a report? There goes my daily update record. It's been a different week with the kids out of school and home on Spring Break. The sleep routines are different as are almost everything else during the day and evening.

Wed: started with high hopes of Weights, bike and the batting cages. As it turned out I did do the weights in the morning, but with a full day and evening I was too tired to swing by the batting cages from my evening meeting and once home...I just wanted to go to bed: I was zonked out!

Th (today): started at my regular time again. I was wanting to have a long ride this morning and that's what happened: 2 hrs 10 minutes on the trainer. I was kind of cheating though as I bought my first DVD season of a TV show on Tuesday. So this morning I watched 3 episodes of Stargate Atlantis while I rode on my trainer. I am planning on doing multiple weekly rides of 2 hrs or more during the next weeks as I want to increase my time in the saddle. Especially after I get my new saddle. I also played catch with my oldest son as Softball Season starts tomorrow night (Friday). No 'pepper' contest tonight; just working the arms and refining the hand eye coordination. Tomorrow evening we'll go by the batting cages before the game; I think CC33 will likely join us too. The first game tomorrow night should be fun.

During today's ride I came to the conclusion that my seat (saddle) is probably to narrow and that is why I am having problems sitting on my bike for longer rides. I made an entry here that you can read to learn about "Sit Bones". (This entry is on the 6 Day 600 mile ride blog.) It was a full day with another trip to the Local Bike Store (LBS) during lunch. And, I may go again tomorrow as I would like to get a loaner saddle to try out for a long ride on Saturday. For now I am going to take my WalMart seat off of my MTB and put it on my road bike and try that tomorrow morning. I know it's wider, so it should be more comfortable to sit on. It's not a long term fix, but it's worth trying out while I decide on which saddle I should purchase for my road bike.

As for eating...today has been a struggle. I feel like I've been hungry and eating ALL Day!! Not what I want--but where I am. In addition to good nutritional foods I've had cookies, M&M's and ice cream. Not what I want to eat on a regular basis. When my schedule gets mixed up, one of the areas that gets hit hard is my eating; so does my exercise and my reading. I tend to need some routine or schedule to help keep my days balanced. I enjoy my extra time with the kids, but I will also be glad when the kids go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .