Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wednesday: rest, dentist, clouds, a saddle, exercise, sleep

Thursday started with the alarm going off as normal: I got up, turned it off and sat at the end of the bed contemplating riding the bike again with the temporary MTB saddle. I decided I'd rather go back to sleep and try again to get a saddle (during the day) to try out (in the evening). It was nice to lay back down and sleep for another ~ 2 hrs. (Exercise for today comes at the end of the day.)

I had my dental appt at 9:45 and am glad to have a dentist that is skilled in his work. There was some pain involved, as is normally the case for me anytime I sit in that chair for more than 15 minutes. Today there were maybe 5 sharp twinges of pain. The first when I was getting numbed up: the shot was in the back of my mouth in my jaw but the pain was in the middle of my chin just below my lip - he explained that was common when the nerve was hit (he's a good shot as he's done that before and I stayed numb for several hours). The others came during the repair of two teeth with cavities. I also had a chipped front tooth strengthened -
 but there was no pain for that.

During lunch T. and I were doing some errands together. As I was leaving I thought about taking my camera, but decided I wouldn't needed (what a bummer...). Side note: Listen to yourself. While we were out and heading back, the sky was amazing with the texture of the swirling cloud cover. In the last 10 years I've seen similar clouds only 1 time! And those were similar, but not as amazing as yesterdays. I wish I could have captured it with my camera--it may have been one of the once in a lifetime events. It's disappointing to me to not have captured it to enjoy later and share, but I am glad that T. and I were able to see them and be out together hurrying home to get my camera as the storm front was blowing over and removing the cloud display. I hope you got to see it. It was truly amazing!

In preparation for riding today I sent a note to my friend G. again, asking to borrow a saddle for the night so I could try out a seat that I'm thinking about: he graciously said yes! It was almost 8 PM when I got to put the saddle on and start riding with it. I would ride for a little bit and then adjust it's position. I did this several times and then rode a moderately paced ride: 105 minutes, no HRM, cadence of 83 avg to 141 max, speed 16.2 avg to 27.3 max. It was close to 11 PM when I was laying down and a quick check of my O2 and HR showed 95 & 46: those are normal numbers for me at night, so that told me I didn't work to hard on the bike for my body to recover so quickly.

Reflecting on the day: the highlight with out question was seeing those amazing clouds, and not being by myself but having my wife with me.  (The photos of the clouds are after the front came through and only a shadow of how cool the ones earlier were to see!)

2 comments:

  1. To bad I was at school and didn't get to see them.

    P.S Love ya Dad don't 4get to get me a postcard:)
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Hannah .. I haven't forgotten. I've been in meetings all day. I may try to slip out now before dinner at 6. Thanks for the note, even though I remember and am on it ... ;)

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .