Monday, March 9, 2009

Time for a new start .. tomorrow

Today was the normal wake up time with a plan for 75 minutes on the trainer followed by a short time with the weights. 

Because it's so warm, I've been going through more than one water bottle - today was 1 1/2. The time on the trainer was good from a mechanical perspective: everything worked correctly, but from a mental perspective I realized that I have grown accustomed to an easy routine - just putting in the time. By easy I mean according to my HR I'm not pushing very hard (today was around 120 avg HR, where I should be seeing 140's). 

Today was a moderate ride and a Strong reminder that I need to engage my mind and will when I'm training; rather than watching a movie to help pass the time. How quickly and easy it is to settle for less...sigh... The weights were a little bit of a chore, but I know they are important and I did the full 30 minutes worth. It's nice to know I don't have to think about them again until Wed or Th.

After the exercise I had a protein drink - which I make myself. It's not a solid, but it's not a juice only either. None the less, it is what I've done in the past and am comfortable with it as I continue to exercise on a reduced calorie input. This is day two of my juice fast: the purpose of which is physical, mental and spiritual. 

The theme for today is patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .