Monday, May 24, 2010

Even less rest..

My Monday routine is still a bit like a routine, but I'm trying to mix it up some too. Today I added some sit ups to the mix and took out most of the recovery time (used the sit ups for the other muscle recovery).

I normally include them in the warm up, but today I did a 60 second test and did 60 sit ups (where I was going elbow to opposite knee) in that minute: last time I remember doing that was in High School ... a few years ago now.
- The first routine was dips, bench, decline sit ups: 3X - no rest.
- Then it was dips, decline bench, decline sit ups: 3X - no rest.
- Then incline and butterflies: 3X - no rest.
- Then tri-bar push downs, forward and reverse: 3X - 15 seconds rest.

And that was it. It was a good workout. I added some knees to elbows in the warm up: and those sure get your body engaged (from the pull up bar, in a chin up position, elbows at 90 degrees, pull knees up and touch elbows).

At lunch it was then regular run and ride with my wife: it was a bit warm today and we're both sporting a little extra 'red' in our complexion. Just over 5 miles total.

Eating was good. I'm still hungry a lot, but just dealing with it and letting myself be hungry when I know I've recently eaten.

No photos today. I need to relax a little with my camera and add some photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .