Monday, August 2, 2010

3 weeks 3 rides

[Sorry, no photo this time .. no time. ]

It's a far cry from previous training ... but when priorities and life squeeze, I'm glad to be getting one ride a week in: and have managed to do so for the last 3 weeks.

I'm still running - that not as much as before too, but I'm trying to get my miles back up over 20-25 again. In my running last week, I did 2 miles @ 13:11, and on my 7 mile day I did mile 4 at 6:40. For me that's good, but I'd like to do better. So, I'm trying to add a few more miles each week and adding more speed training (which is my least favorite thing to do: running speed training that is). Intervals on the bike I enjoy much more for some reason .. probably because I'm faster on the bike than I am running.

I also recently did 61 sit ups in 60 seconds and am going to work on that to see if I can get 65. I could do 53 push ups and would like to see that improve too .. but then again, priorities and time limit training.

The weight lifting has been another area that has taken a time/priority hit - and I've lost a fair bit of strength and muscle. I'd like to add it back, but for now am going to focus more on aerobic fitness so will expect to loose some more muscle. :-(

Eating wise - I'm still enjoying my salads, and almond butter, jelly, spinach and black pepper sandwiches: and I'm enjoying the 'Blue Bell' a little to much too! I know it's a stress releaser for me, but I still struggle with it.

Something that I'm mindful of these days: "Knowing what to do isn't enough: doing it is!" It's a valid truth for all areas of life: health (eating, exercise, sleep), family, friends, God. It's certainly one that I struggle with in the area of health, as I know when I'm not doing what I'd like to be doing, but yet still find myself doing it. (EX: getting a second or third serving of the 'Blue Bell' [the Best ice cream in North America!])

2 comments:

  1. "Knowing what to do isn't enough: doing it is!"

    Amen, brother. That is my constant struggle: to put to death the pride that creeps in when I think I know all the right things to do, and to accept the humility of faithfully and imperfectly trying to actually do them every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Wes - it's part of all of life - health, nutrition, exercise, and relationships too: with family, friends and even God himself.

    Mat 7:21-27(NIV) says “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

    Again - knowing isn't enough...

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .