Sunday, August 8, 2010

A 'hot' week...

No PR's this week ... well, I take that back, I think my run of 6.5 miles yesterday may be a PR for the slowest I can remember doing it in quite some time .. 9:24 avg pace with some speeds over 10 min/mile: it was a run that I was glad to just finish! :-)

My total running miles were down this week ~15. I really want to get it back up to 20+, but am just not able to right now. Due to a couple primary reasons: fatigue, heat, schedule, ...

I did get to bowl another two games with my family and some friends. I bowled the second game at 202; maybe I should spend less time running and more time bowling as it seems my bowling is improving and my running is not-improving.

I also got a bike ride with Omar this morning in early: 23 miles for 90 minutes. It was a beautiful morning and nice to ride with a friend. Other than almost getting run off the road by a car I we were riding up a hill into the sunrise - it's was very nice. That wasn't too fun. I saw him in my mirror but was surprised when he passed me at about 10" to my left. That's why I had 'two' Planet Bike Blinky lights on the back of my bike in the past (now I have one on my mtn bike that my wife rides), and I'll be looking for another one so I can again have two as it's worth having a second light if it helps to be seen. (Being almost run over by cars and almost caught by chasing big dogs are my least favorite parts of morning rides. Thankfully they don't happen on every ride!)

So, not much to report. Expecting another full week and wanting to get my miles in .. we'll see. I also wouldn't mind dropping a lb this week as my stress eating needs to be better managed.

Thought for the day: Be careful what you sing and where you sing it. EX: after commenting that the waffle mix was to thin after returning from my ride this morning and sometime there after subconsciously starting to hymn the Veggie Tales song "It's plane to see .." --- whack .. I guess I didn't realize what I was singing, nor how close to my wife I was. None-the-less, we got a big laugh out of it as I tried to explain that I wasn't saying her brain was to small ... Since then, we've had a theme of 'brain' jokes today, including the relationship of dying brain cells and yawning, and mush for brains, ... it's been quite entertaining! So, the thought was, catchy tunes can sometimes end with a "Whack": don't forget your surroundings! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .