Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday - second rest day for the heart

Today was a full day - no extra time for exercise.

Tomorrow evening I'm planning on riding with a group that I've not ridden with before ["Hill Training Ride, 30-35, Fast ride with several hills 18-22 mph with several groups. Come out to build your strength and speed."] so it may be good to have an extra day of rest. Nothing like the thought of being dropped to keep you going .. almost as strong as the thought of being caught to keep you pushing hard into the upper heart rates!


On Saturday I'm looking forward to riding in the Cow Creek Country Classic. Fast Dave and I are planning on riding together - so that should be fun. We've never ridden a whole ride together where we could make 'ferret' runs at will. We rode the Hotter'N Hell 100 last year with three other's, but haven't ridden together since. I'm looking forward to it and expecting it to be fast and fun - oh, and hot, and hard too: all the fixin's for a 'nice ride'. ;-)


Lastly - I did send a note to my Cardiologist late this morning and he replayed by the time I returned from lunch. What a Great Dr: competent in his work and available for personal contact from his patients! The conclusion is it sounds like a tough workout, not a heart issue. Cool. I'll keep paying attention as I always try to do though.

[The photo is of the tree that I planted on Saturday. It's not real straight right now, but I have big hopes for it!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .