Friday, June 26, 2009

Short-Moderate intensity ride

The plan was to ride this morning ... but that didn't happen, so I rode at lunch time; Yep, it was warm!

After Tuesdays hard work out, I wanted to push myself today a little too - especially sense it was a short work out (~55 minutes). Details: I rode out across the dam and back with a trip up Prayer mountain too. The way out across the dam was one minute intervals (1 min hard cadence 105+ and 1 minute recovery) with a slight tail wind the avg for that 4 miles was 24 mph. On the return across the dam it was 2 minutes at 95+ cadence, followed by out of the saddle sprints of 100% for as long as I could sustain it (usually 25-45 seconds) followed by a couple minutes of recovery. I have no HR data as my Polar unit was all over the map: saying I was having HR's well into the 200's...I don't' think so. I may need to get a new strap unit as the battery isn't replaceable.

Sat will be 75 miles with Fast Dave and a couple thousand others - based on my registration number in the 2,200's. Still looking forward to that. Also hoping to have Birthday dinner and evening with my wife - but she may be busy doing something else (it's her day so she can do what she thinks is best). If it doesn't work out than I'll take her out some other night next week.

Fri my younger sister is going it to have a Cesarean Section and give birth to her second son. Woo Hoo Janet!! Pray for her and her family in the morning (June 26 2009). :-)

[Photo: another nice smoothie with all the normal stuff...soy milk, pear, apple, carrot, beat, blue berries, spinach, straw berries, yogurt, millet, flax seed, almond, whey protein powder and ice.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .