Sunday, January 10, 2010

End of 10 Weeks

[Photos: ice shapes on my car this morning, The first one shows the ice crystals aligning in long strands (one in the shape of a cross), on the windshield, different shapes of ice crystals].

This week marked the end of my 10th week of my emphasis on strength training. Other than my weight being up markedly - I am pleased with my gains back in the areas of strength.

I missed my Friday morning work out this week - as has happened on several occasions. This time it was so my Mom, wife and I could go through my Grandma's room/apartment. I did get out for one 5 mile run and rode my bike on the trainer twice. That's not enough aerobic exercise for me, but it was all I could manage. I've been mostly watching movies while on the trainer but have been adding some intervals at the end.

Time for blogging and exercising is getting bumped due to daily life. With all that is going on I am glad for getting in 4 of my 5 planned weight training sessions. Life continues to be challenging and full.

A friend has a challenge to get his body fat % down to 9. I have not joined that challenge as I don't have any goals that would help me put in that kind of effort in my nutrition and exercise. How about you? (I've been down to 11 or 12% when I was doing a lot of cycling. To see less than 10 would take a lot of discipline.)

2 comments:

  1. Dude, Dan, is that white picture a picture your belly button? It kind of looks like it...you might a have a little lint stuck in there though. That might be worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to be a 'Snow Man' for those frozen water crystals to be my belly.

    Or have more than a little lint issue.

    Thankfully I'm not a snow man AND I have a clean belly button. :)

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .