Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vita-Mix Morning

It's been a while since I've used the Vita-Mix for my morning protein drink, I've just been using a fork to stir with, so it was nice to get to add the 'extra nutritious' stuff today...

The color gives one ingredient away, but the complete list is:
  • beat
  • sweet potato
  • carrot
  • spinach
  • flax seed
  • almond
  • protein powder
  • cinnamon
  • cayenne
  • filtered water
  • soy milk
  • ice
My wife's first reaction was it tastes like 'dirt'. But the second and following sips (of her serving) were earthy and ended with "It actually tastes good". But after hearing her say it tasted like dirt, the kids were not willing to sample the drink this morning. I put a sampler portion in a small container and will see if I can coax a colleague to try it at work this morning while I drink mine to show it can be done?

It's pretty nutritious stuff - very nutritiously dense!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. My son got a juicer from his Grandmother for his 11th birthday last week. I suppose you need a mixer or would a juicer do the trick?

    Is that all you eat/drink for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's neat. I hope Austin starts trying different home made juices: apple, orange, grapefruit; then combos: apple & carrot... It's a great way to get some concentrated nutrition.

    I have and use both the juicer and VitaMix. They have slightly different roles - but both are very useful to have.

    I would encourage him to just start trying things; what I call 'beginner' drinks (that taste really good) and then move towards the more advanced drinks that pack a lot of nutrition, 'advanced' drinks (often more green or brightly colored). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I juiced some carrots and apples over the weekend. I told the kids I'm drinking for life and I was going to live to a million!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny Jon! Most people think my desire to live to 120 is out there, but yours, living to be a million ... LOL - that's good!

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .