Sunday, December 6, 2009

Working out with my Wife...

Wed is now known as "Last Chance Workout" days ... or so that's what my wife said she now thinks of them as. She has for the last two Wednesdays joined me for a portion of that work out.

It's more of a circuit day with most of the exercises working core and large groups of muscles. We have a warm up period (twisting, side stretches, hanging knees, L's, punching bag, crunches and planks). Then we cycle through the following exercises (squats, calves, jumping, good mornings, knee raises, crunches and plank). She does one trip through through with me and then I will do two or three more circuits after she leaves.

We have decided that this is good and we're going to continue to make time for our workout time together on Wednesdays. She'll also be eating the same protein drink in the AM. It's kind of neat to share this together after 21 years of marriage - it's fun. I like to coach and it's meaningful to be able to coach my wife in this way. I know it's no small thing for her to get up early in the cold and spend this time with me and to be subjected to some intense exercise ... all part of the significance of that time now.

My Wed routine has quickly become my favorite of the week! :-)
[Photo: Geese flying south last Sat on my run.]

2 comments:

  1. She joined me again this past week .. I've got a quote, I'll put it in the blog for the review of this past week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .