Monday, August 31, 2009

91 and eating cake and ice cream like a teenager...

[Photos: Grandma in her favorite chair, her large serving of cake and ice cream, her empty plate!]

Ninety One and eating cake and ice cream like a teenager .. or that's how I'd describe my Grandma today. She may not eat a lot and is getting pretty skinny - but she hasn't lost her appetite for ice cream. (Must be where I get it - years of up bringing at Grandma and Grandpas house. :-)

With a meeting in the morning and Birthday cake and ice cream at lunch time and an evening meeting too ... no time for riding today. I was wanting to do intervals today, but now they will have to wait until Thursday. Life continues to be very full.

The meeting this morning was sharing about the May ride (6 day 600 mile event). It was the first formal presentation that I've given about the ride after being back. It was neat and fun to do. I had seven sevens worth of slides that guided me through the story of the ride. 

Lunch time was also good to be able to celebrate my Grandmas 91st BD. She can be difficult, but then again she is 91 years old...! Her life could be better from my perspective if she'd let us help her more - but she's a very proud and stubborn lady and from her perspective the loss of Independence must be greater than any benefit I could add. So .. we help the best we can. It can be a challenging road to walk, but that's the way it's supposed to be: walking together..

Tomorrow evening should be the Group ride. No exercise in the AM so I'll be rested for the PM ride. I'm looking forward to a hard ride, good sprint at the end and hopefully a few minutes of getting to know some of the riders before and after. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .