Monday, August 24, 2009

Nope .. not today

Today's been a good day: but unfortunately I've not been able to manage any planned exercise in it. I was hoping for intervals today - but it just didn't happen. Being after 9 already, I'm not going to add them now.

So, training for the Sept ride continues to be difficult: it's difficult when I do train because it's difficult to get the training in that I'd like. It continues to be my delima and difficult problem always there, waiting and ready to spring out and catch me yet again...

Some appropriate closing thoughts:

Ecclesiastes 2: "24 A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God,  25 for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?  26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind."


Ecclesiastes 12: " 13 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.  14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."

2 comments:

  1. I was praying for you this morning regarding your training. I was reading from Matt 7 about persistence in prayer. Keep asking, keep knocking, keep seeking! May God grant the desires of your heart. Blessings! - JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon. I've been getting some comfort from Ecclesiastes recently. I appreciate your prayers very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .