Sunday, October 18, 2009

~26 mile week

[Photo: little flowers given to me by my youngest son.]

Friday: I ran at lunch time, but left my HR monitor and timing stuff behind. It was close to my normal route, but I didn't want to be monitoring my HR or pace: I just wanted to run for the Joy of running!

Even as I was leaving I thought about peeking inside to see what time it was so I would have an idea of how long I was gone ... Man, some habits are deep and die hard! It was a beautiful day and very nice to run for fun. I tried to not let my mind thing about exercise, but tried to use it for other thoughts. I also like to pray for my friends that exercise and do that often when exercising. And there are other things that I like to think about and pray about too .. but some thoughts are mine. :)

Saturday was Soccer in the morning and other things in the afternoon. About 4 PM I was able to head out to the dam and run. The 10 mile route has a lot of traffic due to some road construction, so I opted for running on the dam where there are no vehicles to be concerned about. It's 4 miles across so the just under 11 miles was not quite 1 1/2 laps. My goal was 90 minutes and 10+ miles. My avg Pace ended up 8:51/mi, AHR 140, distance 10.81 mi, 1:35:42. I saw a couple other runners and a few cyclists.

My total distance is ~26 miles running this week; once on the trainer; a couple walks and no times with the weights yet. It's been quite some time since I've run over 25 miles in a week; so I'm pleased with that as I start back up running. I'm moving slow - but still moving: For that I'm very thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .