Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sat: 10+ mi run

I was able to get out for a run Saturday morning: two of the three soccer games were canceled due to the fields being saturated from the rain we've had.

Over all the totals for the week were down; only 3 runs in, no time on the bike, and still no time with the weights... I guess I'll call it a recovery week, or an off season week: 21.4 miles for the week. I missed my 3 mile time trial run this week.

Saturdays run was the first run of 10+ miles in a very long time. I don't have my log in front of me but I'm going to guess well over a year. This was my first run on the week that I didn't feel like I had to walk. When I finished and was walking up my street it hit me that I had been running for just over 90 minutes - and it went by Fast: like just a few minutes ago I just started. It was a enjoyable. The pace was easy aerobically as my AHR was only 136, but it was more of a challenge physically as my legs were tight and tired some during the run. My Garmin says I burned off 1500 calories.

The arch on my left foot is still a little tender. I may need to replace my inserts or maybe my shoes. It's been so long since I've run as a focus that I don't remember the history on these shoes. Even as I write this I can feel my arch aching.

Exercise goals for this week include 4 runs and to start back with the weights. It'd be nice to get in some time with a swim coach ... and maybe I could figure out what I'm not doing correctly. That would be Great as I would like to actually do a Triathlon this next year and am getting more and more pressure to join my friends that are already doing these events. I'd like to, but am just a poor swimmer at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .