Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday

Knowing it was going to be a full day - I ran in the morning after the kids went to school. There is usually a lot of traffic on my normal route, so I modified it some and ended up with little traffic and just over 5 miles.

My pace continues to be moderate to slow - but I'm OK with that for now and the next couple weeks - as I phase back into running. I see these weeks as base miles and I'll work on speed in the future after I'm able to run ~25 miles / week for 4 weeks (roughly). Today's run was 5.2 miles; 44:58; 8:37/mi; AHR 138. So the numbers support that I wasn't pushing too hard aerobically. This running is harder on my legs than cycling, so that's what I'm feeling most right now and that's what I'm working on.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm 8.2 lbs above the weight that I'd like to be - so I am planning on slowly loosing that extra weight by the 1st of the year. It's a pretty modest goal, but appropriate as I'm not training as intensely as I was earlier this year and I'm finding that my appetite is still supporting 1000+ calories a day of exercise .. all I'm lacking is the exercise! Time to cut back and allow myself to be hungry again and retrain the body on what the needed quantity is for my current level of activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .