Sunday, October 25, 2009

29.6 mile week

Saturday morning I was able to get out for a run. My goals weren't very clear before I left, so those runs tend to be a mixed bag. The main goal was greater than 90 minutes and 12+ miles.

It was a full morning and a late night before so I was a little under prepared in the areas of rest and pre-nutrition. I ran an old route that, with the furthest part one that I've not run for quite some time (although I have ridden it this year) - that's out to Belt Line. It was a beautiful morning and it was very nice to be out. I ran 12.64 miles, 9:04/mi, 1:54, AHR 141, MHR 164. I haven't checked my Garmin yet, but I'm sure I ran a negative split: which simply means the second half was run at a faster pace than the first half.

I'm still building my strength and base miles, so almost 30 miles is about as many as I want for the next few weeks. I'll work on maintaining 25-30 miles / week and then work on incorporating more speed work; then add more distance. At this point I think I could finish a half marathon, but I'd like to not just finish but finish with in a certain time. I'm not sure what that should be exactly, but less than 9:00/mi I'm pretty certain of.

After the run it was busy, busy: soccer game, meeting at Barnes and Noble for our free hot chocolate and cookie, heading home to clean up for a Wedding and reception, then the tail end of the Izibongo CD release party... what a full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .