Saturday, October 3, 2009

Four days of mixed exercise

Here it is Saturday night and I've not made an entry for 4 days again ... man they go fast. 

Wed and Fri were on the trainer and Th and Sat were running. (I'm not tracking much on the trainer, so that data is a little thin - the running is the focus now and as such is getting the majority of my attention now.)

Wed: 45 minutes at 18 mph avg.
Th: 4.8 miles @ 8:06/mi, 152 AHR, 174 MHR
Fri: 1:15 at 18 mph avg.
Sat: 8.7 miles @ 8:49/mi, 140 AHR, 156 MHR
Week: 24.1 miles @ 8:43/mi, 3599 calories.

This week the goal was to get my training more consistent by alternating time on the trainer with time running. The mileage this week with 4 runs is not high by running standards, but it's on the rise for me - and for that I'm glad. The Th run was my normal route and my goal was 8 min pace. I didn't quite make that but it was close enough. And the goal for Sat was 8+ miles at 9 min pace, so that was accomplished. My legs are a bit achy and we'll see about tomorrows 5K ...

My goal for this coming week is to ease off the trainer and start back up on the weights. In the past I didn't have joint problems when I was lifting while running. And it's been around 7 months since I've lifted regularly - so it's certainly time to start again. I'd like to run around 25 miles and start the weights; and then wean myself from the bike.

Nutrition wise I've been struggling with eating to much; and I'm also snacking on tortilla chips far to often. 

[Photos: just more of the weather that we're enjoying here; amazing storms blowing through, sunsets, butterflies bigger than humming birds and colors so bright and crisp - a picture hardly does them justice.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .