Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fast, Far, Fun

[Photos: A flower on the porch 'unwinding' in the morning anticipating the sun that will soon cover it, A mosquito getting some plant nectar - which is fine by me]

It's rare that a run for me is all 3 F's: Fast, Far and Fun. My fast runs are not far or fun, and others would say that none of my runs would qualify for 'Fast' or 'Far' - but then I learned long ago that I'm ultimately competing against myself. And with that freedom - running can be more fun. Especially when the weather is so nice as it was today. A good run can positively impact my mood in big ways.

Sunday Morning: I was able to go on a run with my wife - and that was fun to do together.
That was about 1.5 miles and was a good warm up time. I then did my 3 mile route with the hopes of seeing under a 7:20 avg, but ended up with 7:27; AHR 162, MHR 181. It was nice to see the HR's coming up - which I understand to be my body adapting back to running and being able to work harder.


Monday: too full and I figured the rest would be good.


Tuesday: I wanted to go for a little longer run at a comfortable pace and just relax and enjoy the run - so that's what I did. I was aiming for 9 min avg or less. I ended up with 6 miles at 8:38 avg; AHR 143, MHR 171. But the key for me was that it was enjoyable. Running in the past has been enjoyable and it was nice that today was again. There's hope for the future...


As for the marathon goal in December ... I'm thinking that I'm not getting in enough time running to seriously consider such an event. Right now I'm focusing on two of the three F's : having Fun again when I run, and also having some faster (short) runs. Far will have to come later.

2 comments:

  1. For most it probably seems weard to see a mosquito eating anything but human blood, but in fact the only reason the females (not males) drink our blood is to get the protein needed to reproduce. Normally they would do just what you see this mosquito doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a really neat picture. The mosquitoe doesn't actually look gross like I thought it would...must be the flower pretty-ing it up.

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .