Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Off season...

I guess this must be my off or transition time ... four more days of no formal exercise. My left knee was aching or hurting a little (probably from the addition of running) so that and a busy schedule made it seem right to take it easy.

Training: nada. I need to figure out how it's all going to work together - routines of earlier in the year and even just last week aren't a shoe in for this week. Everything is having to be evaluated on almost a daily basis right now. It seems like the only safe time from day to day is the time before 7 am.

Nutrition: pretty good, with a little trouble in the ice cream and cookie dough areas ... As the stresses of life increase, I usually benefit from some intense exercise, but when the exercise isn't possible .. I tend to have struggles in the store with buying foods that have little or no nutritional value. (Examples would be Ice Cream, Cookie Dough, Licorice ...) So, I eat healthy meals and then an unhealthy desert or snack. I know better!

Monday: I started back to riding in the AM. It was 70 minutes on the trainer.
Tuesday: 50 minutes on the trainer.

I am still trying to figure out where to add some running and weight training. I don't really want to run in the dark in the morning and I don't want to give up the cardio for the weights. So, for now I continue to try to figure out some type of routine or schedule in my life that is currently inert in terms of a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .