Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday Group RIde

Briefly: if I had taken my camera ... Oooo the shots I'd be putting here! The clouds and sun and rain in the distance .. it was spectacular! In a different way it was just as fulfilling as the ride itself.

I got to the starting point just as they were pulling out. It seems as no matter how much time I give for getting there I always end up getting there very close. Today I had to clean and check for a consistent pedaling noise - I was hoping it was the pedals as it was last time, but not the case. So the bike work took a little longer than expected. I also had my grand daughter wanting me to hold her - which I did several times, but not as much as I will tomorrow with more time available. :-)

I was able to interact a little with some of the guys that I'm starting to get to know: Arthur, Rick, Brent and I met a couple others too. It was a good ride. I was in the second group tonight.

Over the bridge I took a different approach: slowly building with still having something left at the end. I started on the bridge in the low 20's behind another rider. I waited just a little bit then pulled out and took the lead. It was then a consistent building of pace (especially when I could hear the rider behind me change gears). The last 10 seconds of the time on the bridge was at 33 mph and I saw a MHR of 181. The avg speed over the bridge was 29.9 and AHR of 163. 

It was a nice ride. Not as hard as past rides, could be due to the clouds, the other 17 riders, not sure. But it was still a good ride. Tomorrow should be a recovery run of 5 miles (possible marathon training / preparation).

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .