Monday, September 7, 2009

Sat: Late afternoon start

Saturday started early with a trip to the soccer fields for a weekend tournament for my middle girl. The first game started at 7:30 AM.


[On the way we saw these neat sunrise shots in our review mirrors.]


The soccer tournament (three games - 2 Sat, 1 -Sun) showed some very good improvement in the girls playing together and much better over all. The last game was a 0-1 loss but it was very close and they played great.


After I left the soccer fields it was off to Home Depot and the Kids projects that they do on the 1st Sat of the month with my wife and two youngest and one of their friends. It was a bean bag toss game and one of them was broken before we even left the building area. No real surprise there ... a little tape and we were set.
As for the ride on Sat: I left the house just after 3 PM - it was supposed to be 70+ miles, but I ran out of water and limped home with under 50 miles... :-( I tried some larger ice cubes in my Camelbak, thinking that I'd not have to drink warm water the last hour or so, but instead the larger 'blocks of ice' all joined together and created a small ice berg in my bag that didn't melt, but instead took on little ice cubes and actually grew in size. The net result was that I ran out of water at about 40 miles. It was hotter so I was sweating more, but there was a big chunk in the bag when I came home to get more. But, once I got home - I didn't go back out.


Details - 45 miles, 17.4 avg, 3000 calories, 132 AHR, 152 MHR. It wasn't a hard or fast ride, but was supposed to be my longer ride.


Next Saturday will be even more challenging as there should be games for 3 of my kiddo's... and so is the busyness of Saturdays with soccer season getting into full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .