Saturday, September 26, 2009

Soccer and a bike ride...

...Well, actually the soccer was played by two of my kids .. and the bike ride was on the trainer ... but I would have loved to "play" and "ride", maybe some other time.

Today was the Waco ride: the one I was wanting to ride and see if I could ride a 5 hr or less century. But this year, it was not a possibility: the home schedule was too full. Two of my kids had their first soccer games due to previous rain-outs. I was glad to be there and support them and capture some photos too. Tomorrow my daughter will play and then next Sat is my oldest sons first swim meet. That will be my first one of those! :-)

I did get to ride on the trainer though. I watched a two hour movie and rode my bike - finishing around 10 pm. It was 36 miles - but my trainer is showing signs of needing some attention again. So I'll be sending an email early next week as training rides over 1 hour are showing some flaws in my trainer. They have been very good about supporting their product in the past and I am expecting the same.

After the ride is was a Vita-mix dinner...  :-)

It's late, but if I'm able to get up a little early I'd like to try to do my 3 mile route and see if I can beat my last avg pace (7:20ish).

2 comments:

  1. I admire that you are a true family man/dad! Your kids will remember the time you spent with them. I heard 'Cats in the Cradle' on the radio the other day and that song strikes to my heart every time. Song starts out being to busy for his son, and then when son is older, dad wants to spend time with his son, and he's to busy. "My son had turned out just like me. . ."

    I played basketball with my daughter tonight. First time since I don't remember. Even took time to walk (with cane) around our neighborhood as a family. That was fun and hard!

    Blessings on you Dan!

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the message of that song is one to make you think; and we need more Dad's thinking ... :-)

    Blessings on you too Jon!

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .