Monday, September 7, 2009

Sun: short hard run..

Maybe not a hard run for many, but for me -- it was. This was my second Sunday of running in the morning first thing. I have a 3 mile route and I've been trying to get my HR up and keep it up for the whole run. It's taking about 22 1/2 minutes for the run and about 13 minutes for me to settle in and feel like I'm warmed up.

For having HR's in the 160's, 70's and 80's it is still surprising to me how hard the 150's feel when I'm running. This used to be fun and relaxing for me, but right now it's more like work. Just the opposite of a year ago when the bike was work. It'd be neat to reach a point where they are both fun at that same time. Something to shoot for.

Details: 3.04 miles, 22:28, 7:24 avg pace, AHR 153, MHR 172, Max pace 5:34 (sprint at the end).

This is one of my hardest workouts mentally for me all week. It's a difficult 20 minutes... If a fall marathon is going to happen, I am expecting these Sunday runs to get easier or faster; but for now there are challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .