Monday, September 7, 2009

Sunday Night Tennis

I have enjoyed some of the fine tennis on this weekend. I watched some on Sat and some on Sun and it's certainly made me want to get out and hit the ball. The two that caught my interest and were very inspirational were Melanie Oudin and Clijsters: Oudin being the young new player and Clijsters being the returning Mom. Great matches and very fun to watch - to the point of me getting out and playing after not playing for over a year.

Everyone was busy Saturday, but Sunday evening we were able to get a group together and go hit the ball. It was fun. There were 4 adults and 4 youth. I haven't played since probably last summer, so there was a fair bit of 'rust' in my game, but it was fun none the less to get out and hit the ball. We started a little before 8 PM and went until almost 10. The wind was not a factor but it was still warm and important to drink to replenish the lost fluids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .