Monday, September 14, 2009

4 days, blink, blink...gone

Life is crazy full. Not only has the blogging taken a hit, but so has the training. And I think the Tuesday night rides are over, as is the Waco ride .. there just isn't the time. We are entering ... the soccer zone. Three kids, multiple cities, double and triple bookings, oh and swim meets too... It's good that I got my big event in early this year.

My oldest son is up and to school early with workouts, so I'm going to be back on the trainer in the early mornings so I can have some exercise time. The rest of the days just fill up - so the exercise seems to have to happen first thing or will likely be dropped by the end of the day: not for lack of desire, but necessity.

I had no additional exercise last week. Today was the first time I rode. I got 60 minutes in the morning early and then 45 at lunch - all on the trainer. I also tried these 20 seconds hard 10 seconds rest for 8 reps... nice!! [Tabata training - 4 minutes of intense interval training.] If you like keeping your HR up that is! It was after my 45 minutes. It's only 4 minutes ... how hard could it be? I'll let you answer that one your self.

My wife came out and captured some droplets on my back: she says she doesn't know anyone who can sweat as much as me. Hmmm ... I took it as a compliment: no wonder I save such fair healthy skin...  :-)


2 comments:

  1. You should have made that a mystery photo and had us guess what that was. I read somewhere that the easier you sweat the more in shape you are. You must be!

    I still get flashes from the 'big ride' in May. Little rural towns we rode through together.

    Continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I didn't want to make any body parts mystery photos - just didn't want to risk that. Good memories Jon! Thanks for your prayers. I too continue to pray for you.

    "Fitness Myth 2: Excessive Sweating While Exercising Means You’re Not Fit -
    In fact, it's just the opposite. Sweating during exercise is a sign of an efficient cooler. An athlete who has adapted to keep the body core cool during exercise will shunt blood to the skin’s surface more quickly and release heat from the body. At the same time, the sweat glands increase their output and thus cool the body during sweat evaporation. While fit people produce more sweat than sedentary folks, they lose less sodium, because more of it is reabsorbed by the body. The result is a more efficient cooler. " - sportsmedicine.about.com

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .