Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 3 - last day

Today is the 3rd and final day of my juice fast. I am planning on eating some oatmeal tomorrow morning; hopefully after a moderate bike ride.

Last Night: because of my heart and lung problems in the past, I typically check my Oxygen saturation and heart rate at night after I lie down for the day. I know what my normal values are and have seen my HR decrease with increased training or while fasting. The numbers last night were a reminder of how my heart was more relaxed due to the juice fasting.

Breakfast: after the psylium husks and ACV I made a non-green juice. It was 2 green apples, 2 red apples, 1 small pear, 1 carrot and some sweet potato. I split the juice into two and vacuum sealed one jar and put it in the fridge and the other I added ice and water and sealed it for taking with me to work.

Exercise: I was able to get out this afternoon for a run; maybe it was a jog.. either way it was at an easy pace, one that didn't require my complete thoughts so I was able to think about other issues. I thought the sun, sweating and exercise would be good for me. The route was my normal 4.8 miles, but the avg pace was 9:42. My AHR was 142 and MHR was 171, the run took just under 46 minutes, with the last 15 minutes I was noticing that my heart rate was more elevated than normal.

Lunch: was after my run and it was another vitamix drink: 1 banana, some blue berries, some spinach, soy milk, whey protein powder, olive oil and ice. This made about 30 oz and it was quite tasty.

Dinner: was my second jar of juice from this morning. I didn't dilute it but had it 'straight'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .