Friday, October 16, 2009

Ride, Run, Walk, Whack (almost)

I can usually tell the the days are full when several pass by and I have no photos from them. That means I'm not taking the time to "stop and smell the roses". It's not my desired way to live - but it seems to be very common during this busy season of life.

Tuesday - I spent just over 30 minutes on the bike / trainer in the evening: averaging just over 18 mph.

Wednesday - I had a run during lunch, with a walking leg towards the end. No deep thoughts to pass on this time. The walk was in part due to the humidity .. I just wanted to walk for a bit, so since I'm not driven by the miles anymore, walking is allowed. The run included a mile where I could only squeeze out 7:12.

Thursday - ~40 minutes of walking with my wife during lunch. It was cool and nice. One of the little dogs that always comes up and barks actually bit my wife during that walk. It didn't break the skin, but it was a good reminder to not take for granted animals. We did a loop so she had a stick before we came back by and I was on the 'dog' side. It would have been my pleasure to 'whack' the dog had he come for a second bite, but he didn't show his face (good thing for him). Protecting myself from an animal is something that I've already thought through in my mind - but thankfully have not yet had to do. On the bike it's mostly try to avoid, but on foot it can get a little more 'hands on'.




No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .