Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One hard mile

Tuesday: normally a rest or cross-training day, but with the rest of the week unknown and likely challenged for time; I took the time for a run. It was the route that has the 1 mile loops in it so I can make it 6 or more miles. On this trip it was 6.9 miles with 1 loop. The loop was done with the intent to be a 'hard' portion of the run. That loop was 6:46 with an AHR of 164 and MHR of 173. That was great for me. It was a challenge and I even noticed a little bit of a 'whees' at the very end of my exhale at the end. (That's not necessarily a good thing, but it was a reminder to me that I have reduced lung capacity and to be running at all is something to be glad about.)

The sky was like a shot out of Toy Story: light blue with lots of puffy white clouds. It was windy but beautiful: it was a visor and tank-top day. The rest of the run was: 6.9 miles, MHR 173, AHR 150, 58:38, 8:29/mi Avg pace.

Wed morning (now) it's raining. There are meetings all day and evening.. looks like it will be a recovery day.

[I'm using a different computer, so I am not able to upload any photos right now. Maybe later..]

2 comments:

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .