Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday with my younger kids

Today was my day at home with my two younger kids so my wife and two older kids could go to a conference at church. 

It was a full day - nice and fun too. I fixed omelets and eggs for everyone (made to order of course) for breakfast before half of my crew left for the day. Then the three of us picked up a friend and went to the  Kids Workshop at the Home Depot - something we've enjoyed doing for many years now. 
(We have photos of our oldest when she was young at a workshop :-)  Then it was off to the kids school carnival. Then a soccer game. Then getting some spices for some Indian food that I'm going to fix this coming week. Then dinner, playing in the front yard, vegetables, ... whew I'm tired and sleepy.

Exercise wise..none. Just normal activities. But I have big plans for the next week starting tomorrow, so having today off is probably a good thing.

I was going to sneak out and ride my bike for a bit, but it's after 10 PM and I think I'll do better with rest-even though I have indeed missed my desired exercise for today.

Nutrition wise..today wasn't that great: 2 cookies (in dough form), carob malt balls and two servings of Kiwi Strawberry sherbet, plus vegetable pizza for dinner. Not one of my best days, but days that I don't exercise I do tend to have more struggles in the area of nervous or bored eating.

But as the day is all but over (just need to finish this posting, clean up for bed and read for a bit) I am glad and thankful for the days events and time together. It was a day of priorities and good family choices.

[The photos are not in chronological order: the first one is of me getting a few minutes of rest at Jacobs soccer game (I was awake to see his yellow card though), Beth and her friend at the school carnival with their faces painted, the kids playing on the blow ups and making their bird houses at the Home Depot.]






No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .