Thursday, April 30, 2009

Th: exit interview with Heart Dr

Wow, another day with out a photo. But, with less than an hour left in this day, there is only time for the concise details that may be of interest.

I saw my Heart Dr and nurse today. I haven't been in for 18 months and today proved to be my 'exit' interview as I'm doing well and will just monitor myself (much like I've been doing). The echo showed no decrease in EF or any other changes that are a concern. There are no reasons to not do the up coming ride - and he would even like some photos! :-) (I can manage that!) It's very nice to have quality caring medical professionals in your corner. Way to go Dr. M. and Nurse B. The medical description of what I have / had is "Non-ischemic idiopathic cardiomyopathy".

No time for exercise today, other than a short walk with my wife in the AM looking for a lost phone, which was found by a neighbor and returned. :-)

I was able to drive to a bike shop a little further away today and get a box large enough for my bike. So that's a relief to have a box as I'm just a few days away from having to ship my bike. I also bought another tire and some chain lube. Two other things on my list.

Then tonight I was able to interact with my family and finish my letter that I'm going to send to my family and friends giving more details of the up coming ride / missions trip. If you would like a copy of the letter and Wycliffe brochure please let me know so that I can make sure you get one. Those should be going out in the next couple of days. The jersey and brochures also came today, so I'm going to take a new photo of me with my bike in the Wycliffe jersey for the letter. I am hoping to do that tomorrow. I also am putting up a small table at Church and will be giving a brief announcement about the ride during the Sunday morning service. So I still need to prepare for that.

Tomorrow I am planning on mostly taking a vacation day. I have a meeting first thing in the morning and then I'm hoping to go for a long ride - something I haven't been able to do for a while now. Maybe even do the 46 mi loop twice. That'd be my longest ride this year and go a long ways with confidence and preparedness. We'll see...

Those are the highlights that I can think of. Life is full, but things are getting done and relationships are growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .