Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wed: 2 to 31 cents...

For the record: life is more than food (Luke 12:23) and exercise (1 Timothy 4:8). I know this not just as a fact in my head, but try to practice it with how I live my life - even with the attention given to health issues, they are indeed secondary to seeking God and other relationships. Life is about relationships: first with God (Gen 3:8) and then with others (Rom 12:10). [Those are the passages that came immediately to mind as I wanted to give a scriptural ref for my beliefs - my 2 cents worth.]

My days are full still, but with other things as I've begun to cut back on the amount of training in preparation for the 6 Days of riding starting in just over a week. I will be boxing up my bike this weekend, making finial preparations and purchases and finishing my letter to send out. I will post it here when I'm done (it's very close...but needs to be finished).

Today I have an appointment to see my heart Dr. I haven't seen him for 18 months. I'm not expecting any bad news, but rather the report from the echo that I had last week and I'll take my blood work results in for him to review too. I'll give a report on that tomorrow.

Exercise yesterday was on the trainer as it was 'wet' again. I like the rain, but it forces me in doors when I have to ride. I made it 128 minutes and at around a 17 mph pace. Today I may not get to ride as the day is full of appointments spread apart but not separated by enough time to justify riding. Hopefully I'll get more preparatory items accomplished instead. I am a little nervous about not getting any long rides in. By long I mean 100+ miles. A week from Sat day 1 will be 116 miles of rolling hills; day 2 will be 112 miles, ... as a newbie to this sport ... it's a little intimidating to say the least.

Yesterday Baskin Robins had their 31 cent scoop night. My wife found out about it, but we weren't able to do it as a family due to youth at church. So instead she took the younger two when we left; the older two went with the youth after church; and I stopped by on my way home and brought some home and ate with/in front of my wife. It worked out nice. It's a great promotion that they do annually. Next year hopefully we'll get to do it as a family. It's something I remember doing as a kid in my family, but as a parent I don't do it very often.

I was up late shopping around on the computer looking for prices of items that I am looking to purchase so I will know what to buy locally and what to mail order. I leave in 1 week - so time is short...

[I added the links to the scriptures so you can jump to the site and do any other searches that interest you. It's a very powerful search engine and I find it fun to track through some thoughts and see how the Bible addresses the thoughts that I'm working on. If you have a minute... follow the like and see what the Bible has to say about what's pressing on your mind and thoughts. ]

2 comments:

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .