Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday--Cool, Soft Air

Today was much like my last week: riding during lunch outside. I can't run the blender in the morning and it was too late last night, so I took one of my "shaker" containers with soy milk, nestle chocolate powder, carob powder, protein powder, almond, flax seed and some craisins. It's not as good as the options when it goes through the Vita-Mix, but it will do. I also had two pieces of Ezekiel bread with fruit spread and an apple: that was my breakfast today.

The weather today for the ride was just beautiful. The wind was very slight, the air was cool, the sun was bright, the sky blue and the air was soft. (This may not be a familiar term with some, but from my days of riding a motorcycle there are some times when the air just feels "soft". I don't know how to describe it, but it's something that you can feel when you get used to being in the air a lot. And today was one of those experiences: the air was soft. It was Great to have that sensation again!)

Numbers: with the riding conditions so appealing, I added another short leg to my route which bumped it up to just over 46 miles; it took just under 2 1/2 hrs; avg speed of 18.4 mph; avg HR 136.

I made my breakfast smoothie tonight for tomorrow: 2 oranges, grapefruit, carrot, 2 big bunches of spinach, almonds, beat, crasins, protein powder and soy milk. Mmmmm it was tasty...I had to sample it tonight just to make sure. And I made enough for my wife a small container of it too. Not eating junk food continues to be a daily struggle for me. I tend to eat healthy, but struggle with my sweet tooth (or teeth). This often surprises people, but it may be the thorn in my side to keep me aware of my dependence on God; maybe one of the thorns in my sides and arms and legs and head! Where are your thorns?

[There was a first on the ride today...I had to wait for a train. I've never had to do that on a bike ride before, it was nice to have the rest.  :-)]

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .