Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Today: Another page in a growing book.

It was my intent to just publish this hand written report, but it's to hard to read (in part from the writing and in part from the size of the photo). So, I will type the contents of the letter here. Letter follows:
"Today: (or the 1st 2 1/2 - 3 hrs of this day) The day started with what has become my normal Wed-Fri routine: up and to the gym by shortly after 5, run at least 3 1/4 miles, in the pool for at least 300 meters, sauna for 10, clean up and come home by 7. This morning i took my oldest to school after pulling my oatmeal (& barley & Millet & misc) off the heat to rest.
No real milestones or important single events so far: I avg'd ~ 8 m/mi pace, I mostly did breathing and balance drills in the pool, I forgot my towel ... all the makings for just a regular day.
Life is full of days like today. These days are the pages that make up the bulk of the content of the book of our lives. These are the days where character & perseverance grow deeper, so that on those cliff hanger days we are able to make & sustain right choices.
This entry is written (flawed because I can't correct it) on a simple piece of paper in the honor of the many days that are lived without any significant recognition.
My plan is still to do my best on this day!"

(To see my entry on giving blood yesterday, read: "You want me to give what...?!".)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .