Monday, February 23, 2009

I like Mondays!

Last night I was able to be in bed before 10 and sleeping not much later. I checked my Oxygen and HR as is my custom once I settle down at the end of my days. My HR was 5 to 10 beats lower last night then it's been for a while.  I take that as a positive thing: I'm not over training, my body is resting, I'm not sick, ... many good things going on. It's normally something like 95/55 (O2/HR), but last night it was in the mid 40's.  I will also hold my breath for  30 to 60 seconds and watch how the HR and O2 interact: I know what is normal for me, how they play off of each other, but last night I saw a low HR of 35 - again ~5 beats lower than normal. I think the 4 hr ride on Sat was a factor as well as not eating Sunday night after 6 PM. I'll keep an eye on things but I'm encouraged.

Having a good nights rest, and a slightly modified routine for today, I was ready and waiting for the alarm to go off so I could get up this morning at what has become my normal time of 4:40 AM. (I never would have thought that would be my regular wake up time.) The modification to my routine is an additional 15 minutes on the trainer - 75 minutes today; afterwards would be a condensed time with the weights. I continued listening to the audio book "Walking with God" this morning and would recommend it. The time on the bike didn't go by quickly - until it was over, and I was surprised by how quickly it had gone...! Even with the reduced emphasis on the weights, I was able to see some progress - which is encouraging.

On the way in from the garage the sunrise was spectacular again. It seems fitting for this morning. I have high expectations for this day and week. I passed through the house and grabbed my camera to capture the sunrise. It is indeed very nice. But to my surprise, spectacular has become common with sunrises. I still appreciate it and am enjoying it, but think that it needs a twist for the morning photo - so I took some pictures of it as it's reflected in a car window..cool. A Great start to a Great Day!  


1 comment:

  1. I love the sunset picture! sunset pictures are quite common, but that one is unique because of the window reflection distorting the shape.
    I've never tried commenting on blogspot before, so I'm not sure how it'll turn out

    -Benjamin

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .