Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This is my first posting, but the middle of my story. Rather than giving that back filling now, I will trust that it will come out and I'll just start with a 'training' entry for today.


Today started early, as has become my normal routine for the last 5 weeks. This is the first week that I've added a two hour 'ride' in the garage on the trainer first thing in the morning. (This is the first step to add some more distance to my routine in preparation for the 6 day 600 mile ride <http://www.wycliffebiketour.blogspot.com/> coming up in May. My weekly cycle total is 'charted' to be at ~150 this week. About 4 hrs on the trainer and about 80 miles outside.) My trainer in the garage <http://www.1upusa.com/> has recently started changing the resistance while I'm riding, much like a random hill appears and takes my cadence down, way down, and then as quickly as it appeared it's gone and I'm going down the backside of that mystery hill. A phone call to the manufacturer and I'm now aware of a problem in the batch that my unit is in and a new one will be sent out as soon as they are manufactured .. very good customer service and support! Even having gotten a unit that was flawed, I am still very pleased with the unit (when it was working properly) and with the company.


Tomorrow is my second day of training for my first Tri. So rather than ride, I'll be running and swimming in the morning. The running isn't so bad - I like to run. It used to be my first choice, but now I've grown to enjoy and participate in cycling more. But the swimming, well, I'm more like a barge in the water rather than a sail boat. Tomorrow will be my first day of doing some drills to learn how to float right - be balanced in the water (I'm kind of looking forward to the drills). I've got 32 days until the Tri. Ten more times in the water to get over my fears, breathing problems, sinking legs, poor stroke, ...


I guess this will end my first entry. Most of my friends and some family members too, think I'm a little out there with the amount of exercise that I enjoy doing. So, I'm trying to find a balance and to understand why I think God has made me this way. I know there are others who get up before 5 AM to get their exercise in so they can be with their families and have a job. I just don't seem to have many in my immediate circle of friends, so I tend to stick out.


Well early morning tomorrow comes early .. have to drive to the gym, run, swim and be home before 7. Should be another Great Day!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Dan! Keep up the posts so I can keep up with your training before the big ride! You better put of a lot of pictures on here of the ride.

    Wes

    ReplyDelete

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .