Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two Hour Tuesday...

So this morning it was 4:47 again, 7 minutes of the radio alarm before I came to.  Most of my stuff was ready as I knew last night time would be close this morning as I was aiming for a 2 hr ride on the trainer today. (photo - Yesterday afternoon my replacement resistance unit for my trainer arrived ... so I installed it last night - and I had no problems with it this morning - YES!!.) I watched "The Incredibles" (we've seen it many times, but it's become a family classic - much like "Whinne the Pooh" used to be) during the majority of the ride, but the last 15 minutes were spent on some tempo training - my least favorite training. I would much rather do sprints or intervals over the difficulty of slightly lower intensity for much longer. I wasn't wearing my HRM, so I used cadence as my measurement.  Starting at 100, then 105, 110, 115 and ended with a short sprint at the end of 130+.  It was good and I was mindful of giving my best. My daughter came out just before 7 and 'watched' and we talked a little - as much as I could talk while sweating, head down, just trying to make it the 15 minutes. She stayed with me until I was done and we walked in together. I don't know what she thinks, but I hope she is proud of her Dad.

This is my 7th week of getting up by or before 5 AM.  It's nice to have the time each day to be alone, exercise, think, pray, listen .. it's become a routine that I like. It's also a routine to check my Oxygen and Pulse when I go to bed and before I get out of bed: last night it was 96% -48 HR
 and this morning it was 95% - 53 HR. One other routine is I like to have a post work out  meal - this morning it came from my Vita-Mix: soy milk, water, whey protein powder, spinach, banana, crasins, plain yogurt, blueberries, carrots, olive oil, flax seed, peanut butter and ice. It's been kind of funny to me to see how as the day turns to evening, I start thinking about how 'early' I can get to bed ...  last night it was about 8:30 after the youngest two were in bed and I was thinking how nice it will be to be in bed soon and sleeping by 9:30!  But, as things normally go .. it was after 10.  

I got an interesting call last week and as a result I'm hoping to get out at lunch today to give blood.  I did it for the first time 3 months ago. It was good to know my blood type. Well last week I got a call from them - saying the could use some more of 'my' blood!  That was a first, I didn't know they called and requested blood - we get solicitations, but never for our blood!  :-) But I have a type that is in low supply and high demand.  So, it's kind of neat to be able to 'give' my blood to others; to think that others lives are dependant on getting blood, it's a sobering thought. I have a healthy body that makes blood that is in demand - I think I should be giving some of it away!  How about you, what should you be giving away: time, money, blood, ...??

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .