Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Running and swimming

4:47 ... the radio has been going for 7 minutes, the last few I've been aware of. It's off to the gym for some time on the treadmill, in the pool (trying to learn to swim) and a few minutes in the sauna.

The running wasn't so bad: I like 12 mph treadmills as it's fun to run something like 1/8 to 1/4 mile intervals. When I say fun I don't me 'fun', I mean there is no way I could make myself do it any other way (being forced to keep up or fall down or off the end of the treadmill). I saw a few heart rates (HR) that I've not seen while running for some time .. 182 is what I remember just before pressing the red button.

The time in the pool was doing balancing drills: learning to balance myself in the water; face down and face up. I also did some swimming, but not to much. After a single distance of 25 meters I would take a short rest before returning the next length doing the balancing drills. It's a slow process, but I'm hopeful that 9 more visits will be enough to see me through the 300 meters of the upcoming Tri.

That's the extent of my planned exercise for today .. not to hard of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter link
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .